Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Site Links
Click Here For Parts List

Book Store

Newest Topics
Briggs and Stratton First Time Questions
by nolan1986
Today at 09:08 PM
What are these
by NormK
Today at 04:10 PM
Morrison(Scott Bonnar) 24" drive question
by fosdick
Today at 11:34 AM
Victa Rotomo 2
by rufasttoo
Yesterday at 02:49 PM
HELP- I need a Connecting Rod Part #390459020
by c2sbi
23/08/16 04:10 PM
Topic Replies
Briggs and Stratton First Time Questions
by nolan1986
Today at 09:08 PM
Victa Mustang
by speedy
Today at 07:19 PM
What Briggs Motor for Yardman Beetle
by NormK
Today at 06:55 PM
What are these
by NormK
Today at 06:50 PM
ARCHIVE: JP Simplex Reel Mower
by CyberJack
Today at 05:40 PM
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#31739 - 11/12/11 05:17 AM Talon whipper snipper carby
MaxGara Offline
Trainee
Loc: NSW, Australia
Dear all,
I got a newish Talon Eagle Classic whipper snipper that was not working and was leaking petrol from the carby.
After replacing all gaskets (the original carby appears to be a cheap Chinese copy of a Walbro WJL series) the carby doesnít leak anymore, but the engine still it doesnít work.
Since I couldnít find a parts diagram of the Chinese carby (surprise, surprise!), I downloaded a Walbro parts diagram.
Although the Talon carby is obviously a Walbro-replica, there is something that I donít understand.
The Walbro is supposed to have gasket-plate, plate-pump, diaphragm pump and gasket-pump. The gasket plate and plate-pump are missing in my carby.
Is this correct or the previous owner tried to fix it and forgot to put back in place the gasket plate and plate-pump?
Also, below the lever-metering, there is a brass orifice whit a small plastic membrane (say 2.5mm Dia). When cleaning the carby I broke this tiny membrane, but I donít understand what it is for because Walbro doesnít have it.
Can anyone help?

Thanks!
#31743 - 11/12/11 03:50 PM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
MaxGara Offline
Trainee
Here are attached a few photos for your perusal.
A) view of all parts that I found in my carby

B) close view of the brass orifice with broken membrane (from both sides of the "body assembly-pump")

#31852 - 16/12/11 02:23 AM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
steptoe Offline
Trainee
Loc: Melbourne,Vic,Australia
that small diaphram that you broke has something to do with the idle fuel metering i think im not sure someone quote me if im wrong .... i have rebuilt many walbro and zama carbs and by the looks of it you have a wjl c1u series carb and dont belive i have ever seen this part in any of the rebuild kits avaliable and you would require a special punch to install the brass clip... you could possibly just get a new carb off ebay for 40 bucs
#31896 - 17/12/11 05:12 AM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
MaxGara Offline
Trainee
Thanks for your comments.
This confirm my suspicion.. The problem with Talon is that itís very difficult to find spare parts outside AU. On ebay US I found many walbro WYL carburettors but itís very difficult to tell which one will work on my machine.
I love old stuff built to last such us the old B&S engines. This crap made in China it made to last just to the end of the warranty period!
#31958 - 19/12/11 04:35 PM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
Mr Davis Offline
Master Technician
Loc: Canberra/Mittagong
Hey mate, I have a handful of old talon carbies like this lying about, would you like a couple?
Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

I've driven across deserts, driven by the irony, that only being shackled to the road could ever I be free.
#31983 - 20/12/11 04:32 AM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: Mr Davis]
MaxGara Offline
Trainee
Damm! Thank you very much but it's too late! I've just sold the whipper snipper for parts on ebay! Last time I played with a Ruixing carby I just wasted time and money and I decided to get rid of it before being tempted to spend more $$ trying to fix it..
My success rate in fixing old mowers is around 100% but for some reason, when it comes to whipper snippers, Iím quite hopeless..
#31990 - 20/12/11 04:16 PM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
Mr Davis Offline
Master Technician
No worries mate, Let me know in futre if anything temppts you, over the last few months about 40 whippersnippers of all different shapes and sizes made there way to me, apart from a select few, they were stripped for carbies, ignitions, a few nice shafts, heads, dtive cables, throttle controls, and the best of the pistons and cylinders (plus a handfull of whole engines)
Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums as it helps all members not just the individual.

I've driven across deserts, driven by the irony, that only being shackled to the road could ever I be free.
#37238 - 19/05/12 10:35 AM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: Mr Davis]
MoodyBlue Offline
Novice
Loc: Romsey, Victoria, Australia
Don't suppose you would hae a Teikei carby from a Mac 17 whipper sipper you want to sell?

Been looking for a carby kit or complete new or second hand carby.

Thanks
Jeff
#37305 - 23/05/12 08:51 PM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
Greg Holmes Offline
Apprentice level 4
Loc: Vic
Howdy, another option is to go to a recycling centre and see what you can find. You'll be surprised how many diferent brands, models, and types of equipment use the same or similar carbs. It doesn't just stop at the carb either.

Don't be so quick to think that all Chinese stuff is crap, you'll be surprised where stuff is made now days. Walbro has factories all over the world, and yes, China is one of them.

I've rebuilt Honda engines with parts from a Chonda, Briggs and Strattons with parts from Talon engines, etc, etc.

In this world where the $ is so important, many companies have factories in China. Even Husqvarna has a factory there!
#37315 - 24/05/12 03:05 AM Re: Talon whipper snipper carby [Re: MaxGara]
Mr Davis Offline
Master Technician
Sorry mate, No Teikei carby's at this point, but if one comes up, I'll let you know!

Moderator:  bonnar_bloke, Bruce, Gadge 
Forum Donation
These Outdoorking Forums have helped Thousands of people in finding answers to their equipment questions.

If you have received help, please consider making a donation to support the on-going running cost of these forums.

Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
August
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Newest Members
pobox1155, Macca201020, Tim11, gmarsh, dav_oz
9457 Registered Users