Need help?

Search OutdoorKing by entering Key Words Below

Who's Online
0 registered (), 7 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Site Links
Click Here For Parts List

Book Store

Newest Topics
What are these
by NormK
Yesterday at 09:53 PM
Pennsylvania One Wheel Mower
by IanOZ
Yesterday at 06:38 PM
Scott Bonar 45058 QLD
by Cam3389
Yesterday at 04:25 PM
Inherited a Scott Bonnar 45
by RedLad
Yesterday at 04:07 PM
Rover Craftsman
by coolrussy
Yesterday at 03:38 PM
Topic Replies
Replacing Cup Starters - Full Crank Victas
by Mowerfreak
16 minutes 19 seconds ago
Inherited a Scott Bonnar 45
by CyberJack
26 minutes 25 seconds ago
What is this Slasher? [Whirlwind]
by Mowerfreak
26 minutes 36 seconds ago
Ariens self propelled
by NormK
Today at 10:17 AM
What are these
by NormK
Today at 09:13 AM
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Questions On Victa Two Stroke Engines
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing Cup Starters - Full Crank Victas by Mowerfreak @ 40 minutes 48 seconds ago

Yes very slick indeed. I would have thought they were less durable with all the plastic bits. There you go.
Question On Scott Bonnar Cylinder Mowers
Jump to new posts Re: Inherited a Scott Bonnar 45 by CyberJack @ 50 minutes 54 seconds ago

Hello Redlad and Mod BB I guess this is one of the last Therbarton 45s then... I hope it is kept as a tribute to Grandad. Operator Manual here:- https://www.outdoorking.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=64934 ---------------------- J
Four Stroke Lawn Mower Frames
Jump to new posts Re: What is this Slasher? [Whirlwind] by Mowerfreak @ 51 minutes 5 seconds ago

^Might explain why earlier Victa 2 strokes are anecdotally considered better than later ones. They seem better balanced and more energetic sounding.
Off Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Ariens self propelled by NormK @ Today at 10:17 AM

Finally got around to getting a pic of the Ariens, great machine I removed the side chute and made up a blanking plate for the side because the original had gone awol
For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: What are these by NormK @ Today at 09:13 AM

If anybody wanted them I can pick them up, Devon Meadows is not far from my place
Reel-Type Mowers
Jump to new posts Re: Pennsylvania One Wheel Mower by CyberJack @ Today at 12:50 AM

G'day Ian and Gadge No, not a cemetery mower - but a lawn trimmer and edger. Thanks to Ian for adding to our record, and Gadge for the insight. This goes to the issue of lawn aesthetics and the development of what we know as lawn trimmers - I gues
Four Stroke Lawn Mower Frames
Jump to new posts Re: Rover Craftsman by bigted @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM

Hi Coolrussy, A couple of pics would help with information on your machine. Cheers, Ted
Rotary Hoes & Tillers
Jump to new posts Re: Victa 370 Tiller Gearbox oil quantity by trebora @ Yesterday at 10:24 PM

Old post but if this can help. Appears pretty identical to my Victa rotary tiller. Gear case tiller Series 9 Model 355. It has a B&S 5hp 130202 Type 0523 Code 0179050906. Gear case assembly TM64073A. I have tried Google on TM part numbers, but wi
Questions On Victa Two Stroke Engines
Jump to new posts Re: Powertorques - Carby Needle Issues by NormK @ Yesterday at 08:56 PM

I have also ordered 10 seats as spares and or to try with the Victa needles. Using the Victa needle doesn't help with the fact the Victa needles don't have enough weight in them. If the fuel tank was higher gravity would help with the weight of the f
Questions On Briggs & Stratton Engines
Jump to new posts Re: What B&S is This on my Victa Mustang? Now Faulty. by Mowerfreak @ Yesterday at 08:02 PM

Engine and flywheel swap completed successfully. Cut the front lawn with aplomb.
Off Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Trailer by NormK @ Yesterday at 07:01 PM

Interesting thing about registering this trailer. Finally got to Vic Rds yesterday to find out about getting a vin number. As long as it is a single axle trailer with a gross weight of under 750 kg, and this left me gobsmacked. They don't need to see
Question On Scott Bonnar Cylinder Mowers
Jump to new posts Re: Scott Bonar 45058 by Bonnar_Bloke @ Yesterday at 05:13 PM

Hi Guy's, This one does have me a tad perplexed as I feel it might have had an engine change done at some stage, but I'm not 100% sure on that issue as the engine shows it was built on the 14th of August 1986 and the jury is still out on when exactl
For Sale
Jump to new posts Scott Bonar 45058 QLD by Cam3389 @ Yesterday at 04:25 PM

I have for sale a all orig Scott Bonnar . 30+ year old machine thats not been molested. Starts 2nd pull every time. Not suited to my needs so its a waste. Location is QLD Ipswich 4304 Price $400 ono Would love to see it restored to its former glor
Off Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Masport Olympic 500 Cylinder Mower by CyberJack @ Yesterday at 01:38 PM

Hello Brendansarah15 That is hilarious! ... I have never seen a clutch actuating pin break. This pin separates the clutch halves for disengaging drive. It will be the problem, I think... The chain is probably stretched through poor adjustment. Cont
For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: For those wanting a Good Original 20 inch Model 45 by CyberJack @ Yesterday at 01:27 PM

Quote:Wow that auction is heading Skyways ! Well, the price is promising for the seller. Speaking relatively, a quality, large reel mower is cheap at this price. What would a new comparison machine sell for ... nowadays? The beauty of this machine
Old Mower Pictures
Jump to new posts Re: Old Masport Rotarola by Gadge @ 25/05/17 07:49 PM

Originally Posted By: CyberJackHello pavdoum Congratulations. This is a rare one. The engine stampings should give a close year of manufacture. [the numbers just above the muffler] Or on a model of this vintage, on the main cowling above the spark
Off Topics
Jump to new posts free old machinery magazines by speedy @ 25/05/17 07:22 PM

hi , saw this on gumtree , maybe someone is interested ............. https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/eli-wate...-161/1148942374 cheers speedy
AUSTRALIAN Rotary Models
Jump to new posts Re: WHIRLWIND - 72" Tow Slasher - c1955 by CyberJack @ 25/05/17 03:52 PM

PART TWO - Brochure This leaflet from my collection is not in great condition. It would have to be rare though ...
Reel-Type Mowers
Jump to new posts Re: New Scott Bonnar 45 Restoration by NormK @ 25/05/17 11:33 AM

I guess you can take that as proof nobody wants to do it. From memory somebody is making new catchers for a lot less than that. What you have there is no big deal to repair the damage, just nobody can be bothered repairing things these days
Off Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Whipper snippers by Mowerfreak @ 25/05/17 12:26 AM

I had a McCulloch 484 and it was made in Italy by another company. The 610 wouldn't happen to be the same deal would it? The cheapest Ryoby bent shaft whipper snappers sold in the late 1980s were as consumer grade as they come and even they had a cl
Questions on Other Engines
Jump to new posts Re: Victa (chonda) V40 engine-something wrong by sparker @ 24/05/17 03:39 PM

Guess what! The suggestion here was to check the flywheel key and as a last resort I took off the flywheel after checking the key and had a look at the PCV valve. What a mess - Firstly there were 2 valves on top of one another, there was no proper ga
Questions On Briggs & Stratton Engines
If you're referring the below carburetor then they can be removed. Short one just unscrews but long is usually needing to be cut off as the plastic becomes to hard to remove from the brass tube.
Rotary
Jump to new posts Re: My Southern Cross KXD-2 restorations by vint_mow @ 23/05/17 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: paul_cThey look great Ian, glad I was able to see number one at first hand. Thank you for your help Paul. I picked your brains about some of the technical details on these mowers on many occasions. And you also helped me with
For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Tons of Mowers - Good Price by Blumbly @ 23/05/17 07:33 PM

Bugger I wished they were closer to me, I'd jump on them quicker than files to a pile of bbq-ed steak.I'd make some money on them.Oh well if someone had the time and space there is money to be made there.
Questions on Greenfield Ride On Mower Frames
Jump to new posts Re: Stalling when cutter belt engaged by CyberJack @ 23/05/17 11:55 AM

Quote:I would not think just fitting a new belt would cause the problem if it was working fine before hand. Hi Norm In my experience, not necessarily. Fitting a new belt - and re-tensioning - may isolate a bearing ready to fail. Over-tensioning of
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Forum Donation
These Outdoorking Forums have helped Thousands of people in finding answers to their equipment questions.

If you have received help, please consider making a donation to support the on-going running cost of these forums.

Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Newest Members
CuckooHill, Joshua Lyle, PeterC, J.P CANOT, Webb18
10341 Registered Users
Forum Stats
10342 Members
140 Forums
9544 Topics
71949 Posts

Max Online: 1013 @ 13/01/14 05:14 AM
Latest Photos